Home Remedies for Athlete’s Foot :
Ringworm, Tinea Pedis or athlete’s foot is a fungal infection that hits the upper layers of the skin of your feet. It creates redness, dryness of skin and sometimes blisters appear on your skin. The fungus is usually found in the moist and damp environment. It may be found in clothes and floors also. It causes stinging, burning or flaking of the skin. It is a contagious disease and may come again if precautionary measures are not taken.
Once the symptoms appear on your skin, you must take it seriously and start treatment. Following are some of over the counter medicines that work to kill the fungus:
These medicines should be used according to the doctor’s prescription. Young children and patients should not use without doctor’s advice. There are also some Home Remedies for Athlete’s Foot that help you to get cured.
Prevention is better than cure so follow the points given below to keep this skin infection far away from you:
- It is best to wash your feet twice a day, especially between the toes area, must be clean.
- Put off the shoes immediately after coming back home.
- Change shoes each day. It does not mean that you have to buy new shoes daily.
- In summer season try to wear the shoes that are well ventilated.
- Wear loose shoes.
- Keep your feet dry.
- Do not share your shoes.
- Apply anti-fungal powder to your feet.
- If you have a pet, then take it to the veterinary doctor as you may get athlete’s foot from your pet.
- Wear the socks made of silk or cotton that absorbs the wetness or sweat off your feet.
- Don’t forget to take slippers with you when you go for swimming.
What Should We Do At Home To Get Cured?
Use following Home Remedies for Athlete’s Foot to get rid of this infection:
Take half cup of cornstarch and bake it for few minutes. Then rub it onto the affected area of your feet and then wash it.
Thymol oil is an anti-fungus and anti-bacterial agent that kills the cells of the fungus. You may add few drops of warm water to soak your feet. Another way is to apply the Thymol oil directly on the affected skin.
Vaseline keeps your feet away from dryness, especially in the winter season. Wash your feet and apply the Vaseline on your feet then put the socks on. Do this at night.
Coconut oil also works as the fungicide. Apply it on the affected area of your feet.
Whatever the method you choose must be performed continuously until you completely get rid of the fungus. The main challenge is to prevent it from happening again. You must keep caring your feet for getting rid of the disease. Try to eat healthy food to make your immune system strong. The most important thing is to keep your feet clean.
Visit the link: top10homeremediesnatural.com