Singapore is one of the most attractive tourist locations in Asia. It is an island nation located in southern parts of Malaysia. In fact it is world’s one and only island city state. It is one of the most buzzing trade centers or business zones of the world and many people from all across Asian region are settled here for financial reasons. If you have any friend or relative working here, you may send flowers to Singapore and make them feel happy and loved. Be it Singapore or any other place, reaching out to your loved ones on any special occasion is just so easy with ease of communication gadgets.
Here are some of the interesting facts about Singapore that you would love to know.
The name Singapore is derived from the Malay word Singapore which in Sanskrit means city of lions. But researchers say that lions never walked the jungles of Singapore, but tigers did.
- This place is also termed as Garden city because of various policies implemented for regaining the greenery of the city.
- Do you know that the Botanical garden located here is the one and only tropical garden that is marked by UNESCO as a world heritage site?
- This place is often termed as Red Dot which is due to its position in the world map. But the achievement of this small dot like place is really massive.
- You won’t find anyone belonging to ethnic group called “Singaporean” because all are either Indian, Chinese, or Malay there. And therefore, major languages spoken here are: Mandarin, Tamil, English, and Malay. Ten major religions are found here – Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Hinduism, and Christianity.
- Hawker center is the best places to enjoy local delicacies of Singapore. In fact there are more than 100 hawker centers here in Singapore and each one of them holds at least 200 stalls. Once in Singapore, you just cannot miss the local dish named luak which is an oyster cake, chai tow kway which is a radish cake, barbecued sting ray, and of course the kopi or coffee.
- Singapore is one of the Asian cities where you would find very low unemployment rates.
- The consumption of drugs is almost like banned here because no one is actually in favor of it. The serious drug trafficking cases may lead to death sentence. Also Singapore has the lowest per capita consumption of alcohols.
- An average Singapore employee works at least 45 hours per week which is one of the highest in the whole world. So, for your friends and loved ones working here you can send flowers to Singapore.